The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has named the Minneapolis Clean Energy Partnership a 2016 Climate Leadership Award winner in the Innovative Partnerships category for addressing climate change. The EPA, the Center for Climate and Energy Solutions, and The Climate Registry are honoring 13 organizations, three partnerships and one individual in the fifth annual Climate Leadership Awards. Recipients have demonstrated leadership and dedication in reducing the pollution that contributes to climate change. The Innovative Partnerships certificate recognizes organizations working collaboratively on leading-edge climate initiatives.
This first-of-its-kind City-utility partnership, the Clean Energy Partnership began in 2015 and has the City of Minneapolis, Xcel Energy and CenterPoint Energy collaborating in new ways to help Minneapolis achieve clean energy goals in the City’s 2013 Climate Action Plan and Energy Vision for 2040. The utilities are using the partnership to help customers achieve their energy conservation goals.
Key actions of the Clean Energy Partnership are outlined in the first two-year work plan within the planned 10 year partnership.
- Helping 75 percent of Minneapolis homeowners, renters and rental properties participate in efficiency retrofit programs by 2025, ensuring the distribution of participants reflects the distribution of income levels in the city.
- Implementing the Building Energy Disclosure policy for medium and large commercial buildings.
- Promoting the adoption of renewable energy solutions for Minneapolis customers, such as onsite solar, wind, community solar gardens and green tariffs.
- Investigating the feasibility of large-scale renewable energy purchasing for municipal government and/or residents.
- Continuing to shift to LED streetlights.
Partnerships recognized by the award have established objectives to measurably address greenhouse gas reduction goals and/or adaptation and resilience activities. Measurable results will be documented and reported annually following the development of metrics.
Find more information about the 2016 Climate Leadership Award here.
Get WordPress Web Support for a website by calling WordPress Contact Number - 1-877-994-9757